Blast Hits Chemical Plant in Louisiana, Injuries Reported
A chemical plant in the US state of Louisiana has been hit by a large explosion, according to officials.
The blast happened at the Williams Olefins chemical plant in Geismar, south of Baton Rouge.
The Iberville Office of Emergency Preparedness said it received reports of seven injuries from the plant explosion, CNN informs.
No casualties have been reported so far.
A Louisiana State Police dispatcher told CNN that authorities were evacuating the area around the plant.
The plant produces approximately 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer-grade propylene each year, according to the company's website.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry