Bulgaria Braces for Day of Downpours, Hail
Codes orange and yellow have been declared Tuesday in Bulgaria due to heavy downpours, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, has announced.
Code orange is expected in the regions of Sofia, Sofia City, Montana, Vratsa, Lovech, Gabrovo, Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, and Blagoevgrad.
Code yellow is effective in the regions of Vidin, Kyustendil, Pernik, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse and Pleven.
Heavy rain, thunder storms, and hail are in the forecast for all these 19 regions.
Eastern Bulgaria is under code green.
The downpours in western and central Bulgaria are expected to arrive in the afternoon Tuesday and will intensify Tuesday night into Wednesday.
At some locations they will reach up to 50-60 liters per square meter. All through the week, temperatures will be lower than the usual for this time of the year.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City