PES President Claims He Hasn't Handpicked New Bulgarian Govt
Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev has refuted allegations that the newly formed Bulgarian government has been handpicked by him and by local murky “circles.”
“Everyone is free to voice whatever opinions they want to, but this has nothing to do with reality,” Stanishev said Sunday, responding to claims made by former BSP lawmaker Tatyana Doncheva.
Doncheva claimed earlier this week that the new Socialist-led Cabinet of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski had been assembled by Stanishev, his wife Monika Yosifova, the notorious Varna-based group TIM and the so-called “Monterey circle” (a circle of generals and diplomats of the former Communist regime named "Monterey" after an eponymous restaurant used for their meetings).
Stanishev told bTV on Sunday that new Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, who Doncheva said has close ties with TIM, was “a personal choice” of Oresharski.
Stanishev praised Yovchev’s professional skills, pointing out that the Interior Minister is not aligned with any political party.
The BSP leader, who is also president of the Party of European Socialists, claimed that only three members of the new Bulgarian Cabinet were nominated by him.
Those are Defense Minister Angel Naydenov, Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev.
The Socialist leader once again denied allegations that the new government has been backed by the xenophobic Ataka (Attack) party, stating that Ataka leader Volen Siderov “is following his own scenario.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend