New Self-Immolation Committed in Bulgaria
A young man has set himself aflame in southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad Wednesday morning, but his life is now out of danger.
This is the latest of a string of self-immolations that have shaken Bulgaria since the start of 2013, when large-scale protests against social and economic stagnation erupted.
The 31-year-old set himself on fire at his home, but was rescued by his girlfriend, who managed to extinguish the flames and call 112.
The man has received 30% burns, but his life is out of danger, after doctors and firefighters promptly arrived at the location.
The woman has sustained injuries on her hands from trying to quench the flames with a blanked.
At least seven people have died in Bulgaria this year after setting themselves on fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 162 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia