Bulgarian Ex Top Cop Weirdly Publishes Brussels Itinerary
The press-center of former Bulgarian ruling party GERB has published a detailed itinerary of party vice-chair Tsvetan Tsvetanov's visit to the European Parliament Monday and Tuesday.
What strikes the reader is that GERB go as far as to specify not only the hours of Tsvetanov's planned meetings, but also the very numbers of the EP rooms they are to be held in.
The former Bulgarian Minister of Interior is to meet European People's Party EP political group chair Joseph Daul, and a number of EPP MEPs.
Tsvetanov has vowed that he will give up his immunity as an MP in the Bulgarian Parliament after returning from Brussels Tuesday.
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor has requested that Tsvetanov's immunity be lifted so that the former top cop can be charged with abuse of power relating to wiretapping during his term in office as minister.
The so-called wiretapping scandal, or 'Bulgarian Watergate', shook the country only weeks ahead of May 12 early general elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend