Bulgaria Mulls Scrapping Privatization of Cargo Railway Unit
The Bulgarian government will likely stop the privatization deal for the freight unit of the Bulgarian State Railways Company, the country’s newly appointed Transport Minister said Wednesday.
Transport Minister Danail Papazov told reporters that hundreds of jobs would be lost if the deal goes through.
However, the new Minister pointed out that no conclusive decision has been made yet, adding that the situation should be thoroughly analyzed.
In mid-November 2012, Bulgaria's Privatization Agency launched a second privatization procedure for BDZ's Freight Services, after the first one fell through.
The second attempt to sell the cargo unit of BDZ only included strategic and financial investors.
The intended privatization of BDZ's profit making unit, Freight Services, aims to secure money to cover huge debts of the company and help revive its other unit, Passenger Services.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Establishment of State Oil Company is Approved at First Reading
- » 9% VAT for Restaurants, Books and Children's goods in Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borrisov: How Difficult it is to Build a Bridge and How Fast You Cross It
- » Turkey Will Resume Flights to Bulgaria as of June 10
- » 9 Years Old Boy From Kenya Receives an Honor Award for His Creativity
- » Sofia in 30th Place in Terms of Rising Property Prices