PM Hopeful: New Bulgarian Cabinet Will Be 'Expert, Pragmatic'
The cabinet envisioned by Bulgarian Socialist Party PM nominee Plamen Oresharski will implement both leftist and rightist policies, chosing in each case based on pragmatic criteria, said the PM hopeful.
In an interview for TV7 Saturday, Oresharski stated that the cabinet proposal has not been designed to follow a narrow political agenda.
"I have always been skeptical towards the division between leftists and rightists. There are some situations in which the most important thing is a rational and pragmatic approach," said Oresharski.
"The main criterion for the composition of the cabinet is expertise," added the former Bulgarian Minister of Finance (2005-9).
Saturday experts from the Bulgarian Socialist Party and the Movement for Rights and Freedoms held a consultative policy meeting at the Socialists' headquarters in Sofia.
The Socialists have already committed themselves to forming a goverment by an expert cabinet, rather than a political one.
BSP leader Sergey Stanishev has opted to stay out of the PM seat, proposing instead non-party member Oresharski, who is seen as a technocrat.
"You will not find a single person in this cabinet who is not an expert in the field he is responsible for," said Oresharski in the TV7 interview Saturday.
He added that he was led to the conclusion that attracting people from many different parties is not the most reliable way to ensure support for his cabinet
The PM hopeful also added that he will be ready with the full cabinet proposal on Monday, but is not likely to reveal it before Tuesday, when the Bulgarian Parliament is expected to vote on the proposal.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million