Russian Envoy Congratulates Bulgaria on Cyrillic Script Day
Russia's Ambassador in Sofia Yuriy Isakov has congratulated Bulgarians on their national day of Culture and Slavic Script.
“I wish all our Bulgarian brothers a happy holiday, well-being, good and happy days – despite the difficult life in Bulgaria,” Isakov told reporters on Friday.
The Ambassador noted that Bulgaria and Russia should always remember they have some things in common which are more important than the current day hardships.
“These are our spirit, culture and common alphabet,” he said.
Bulgaria celebrates May 24 as the day of the Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavic Script, the official Day of Holy Brothers St. Cyril and St. Methodius - the Byzantine scholars who wrote the first Slavic alphabet in 855 A.D., and translated into Old Bulgarian the Bible and the religious literature of Orthodox Christianity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association
- » President Radev: Bulgaria and 9 other ЕU Countries are not Participating in the Joint Procurement of Ammunition for Ukraine
- » Diplomatic Missions in Bulgaria with a Demonstration in Support of Ukraine
- » Ukraine’s Ambassador to Bulgaria: Peace means Victory for Ukraine in this Imperialist War
- » Lithuanian President Decorates Maxim Behar with a State Award for Articles Written in 1991
- » Russian Ambassador: Bulgarians are still a Russophile People