Qatar to Invest Serious Funds in Bulgaria's Sheep Breeding
Qatar plans to invest serious money in Bulgarian farming, according to the Academy of Agriculture, SSA.
BGN 80 M will be invested in creating science-production facilities for sheep breeding in various SSA units.
The funds will be invested in the course of three years.
Facilities for lamb breeding for export will be built in the Livestock Breeding Institute in the town of Kostinbrod, the Farming Institute in the city of Stara Zagora, the Institute for Mountain Livestock Breeding in the town of Troyan, and the Field Agricultural Station in the city of Targovishte.
The project has been agreed on in 2012, but has been frozen due to lack of funds at SSA.
Four months ago, the Academy's leadership has contacted a Qatari fund and has reached an agreement for securing financial assistance.
On May 25, 2013, a Bulgarian delegation, led by the SSA Chairman Prof Petar Slaveykov, is leaving for Katar to iron out the last details in the memorandum for partnership in livestock breeding.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Companies - in fourth place among Investors in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform