Homemade Bomb Found on Bulgarian MP Hopeful Car
A homemade bomb has been found on an automobile in the village of Kolarovo in southwestern Bulgaria.
The information was reported by the Regional Police Directorate in the southwestern city of Blagoevgrad.
According to the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily, the car belongs to a 56-year-old man, who is running in the May 12 early general elections on the ticket of the left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP.
An anonymous call has been placed around 4 am Saturday morning on the emergency 112 hotline, alerting of a theft in Kolarovo.
When the police arrived, they discovered at the location designated by the caller homemade explosives on the hood of a car parked in front of the owner's house.
The area has been sealed. The investigation is ongoing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office wants the Immunity of a GERB MP for "Fornicating with a Child"
- » Bulgaria: Police caught 10 Syrians on Trakia Highway - Two Women were Detained
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania