Bulgaria for Citizens: GERB Govt Spent Millions on Strange Trips
The Cabinet of former Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, and his GERB party have spent BGN 25 M just on business trips during their three and a half years in office.
The amount was reported Wednesday by Kalin Tomov, organizational secretary of the party Bulgaria for Citizens of former EU Commissioner, Meglena Kuneva.
At a special press conference, Tomov gave several examples of people from different ministries travelling abroad to attend some strange events such as the opening of a Bulgarian water fountain in Hyde Park or an awards ceremony in Denver, CO, for best motocross and super moto tracks.
The Interior Ministry has spent BGN 4 M a year on official trips abroad; Borisov's advisor, Angel Cholakov, travelled abroad 64 times in the course of one year; GERB MP, Ivelina Vasileva – 49 times; the Deputy Economy Minister in Charge of Tourism, (still keeping the post in the caretaker Cabinet), Ivo Marinov - 24 times.
The Bulgaria for Citizens also stress that in times of crisis, when Bulgarians have been constantly asked to tighten their belts, the Cabinet Borisov increased its expenses from BGN 394 000 in 2010, to BGN 627 000 in 2011, and BGN 996 000 in 2012.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.