Voting Polls in Bulgaria Open at 7 am, Close at 8 pm May 12
Election Day in Bulgaria on Sunday, May 12, will start with the opening of voting polls at 7 am and will end with their closing at 8 pm.
The announcement was made Wednesday by the spokesperson the Central Electoral Commission, CEC, Ralitsa Negentsova.
There could be exceptions at some locations, where polls might open at 6 am, but only with CEC's written authorization. If there is a line at a voting poll at 8 pm, it will remain open, but no later than 9 pm. At 8 pm, the members of the poll's commission will collect the IDs of those in line and only the people who were present at closing time will be allowed to cast a ballot.
CEC has also adopted an operational plan for its work on Election Day and for vote counting.
6 868 455 individuals are included in voting lists. 160 972 have been removed – of them 739 prisoners, 7243 – under injunction, 378 have applied to vote at another location, 78 542 – to cast a ballot abroad, and 67 420 – to vote at a poll under the jurisdiction of their current address registration.
There will 11 676 voting polls in the country, but this number does not include the portable ones.
There will be 227 voting polls abroad in 57 countries.
8 148 individuals are running for 240 seats in Bulgaria's next Parliament.
- » GERB Runner Elected Mayor of Bulgaria's Varna by Slim Margin
- » Bulgaria's Varna Elects Mayor in Neck-and-Neck Run-Off
- » Bulgaria's 'Fake Vote Ballots' Final Count Is 480 000
- » 'Fake Ballots' in Bulgaria's Elections Grow to 0.4 M
- » Bulgaria's GERB Alerts EU about Vote Void Claim
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Try Vote Void Case