Bulsatkom Wins Bulgaria's Seventh DTT Mux Tender
Bulgaria's telecom watchdog has awarded the license for what will be the country's public service DTT multiplex to Bulsatkom company.
At the beginning of the year the Bulgarian Communications Regulation Commission (CRC) started the procedure for a tender for yet another multiplex.
Bulgaria decided at the end of December 2011 to hold a tender for yet another multiplex, its seventh, a surprising last-minute decision, which local experts slammed as a mere eye- wash for Brussels, which referred the country to EU court over the assignment of digital broadcast spectrum.
The European Commission demanded that Bulgaria publish the conditions of the tender as soon as possible, so that potential new entrants can prepare their applications, be selected and enter the market before the date set for the analogue switch off, September 1 2013.
The Commission said it will monitor that the tender conditions are in line with the Directives and allow effective entry into the digital terrestrial broadcasting infrastructure market.
The seventh multiplex will be just a collection of frequencies and its holder - in a much more disadvantaged position than Hannu Pro and Towercom, which have already grabbed the lion's share of the market, according to experts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Chiren Gas Storage and More: North Macedonia's Energy Collaboration with Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian National Bank Governor Recommends Fiscal Buffer in 2024 Budget
- » Unusual Encounter: Bears Cross Paths with Tourists on Route to Pamporovo (VIDEO)
- » Alert: Potential Avalanches Threaten Vitosha Mountain's Ski Slopes
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Resilience: Foreign Visitor Numbers Surge in October
- » Heavy Snow Halts Schools in Multiple Bulgarian Districts"