Bulgaria's Stoichkov Takes Over Besiktas - Report
Bulgaria's former international Hristo Stoichkov is about to be appointed as coach of Turkish Super League team Besiktas, according to media reports.
The legendary Barcelona striker has been at the helm of 2011 Bulgarian champions Litex Lovech over the past year and a half, but is said to want to move forward with his career.
Stoichkov is about to conclude his negotiations with the management of the the Turkish giants and announce officially he is taking them over, 24 Hours daily reported on Wednesday.
According to unconfirmed information his annual salary will stand at EUR 500 000, garnished with generous bonuses.
A year ago Stoichkov told local media that Besiktas has not offered him anything personally, but he is aware that the club's president is interested.
Stoichkov then stated that Turkish football is "really good," adding that he is always ready to negotiate.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm