Bulgaria's Dimitrov Delighted with Emotional Win over Djokovic
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov could not hide his delight after upsetting world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in an epic Madrid Open clash.
"It's a great win for me. Good day at the office. I know it's a big thing, of course,” Dimitrov said after the three-set thriller.
However, the 21 year old rising star also asserted that "it was just a match" as he looked ahead to his week in Madrid and future match-ups against the top players.
The Bulgarian up-and-comer saved set point at 5-4 down in the first and another in the tie-break before winning the first set in the longest best-of-three-set match thus far in 2013.
Djokovic won a second-set tie-break but Dimitrov showed incredible courage to secure the biggest win of his career, beating Djokovic 7-6 (8-6) 6-7 (8-10) 6-3.
- » Norway Won and is Now Ahead of Bulgaria in our Group in League of Nations Tournament
- » Bulgaria Claims Mixed Pair Acrobatic Gymnastics Gold
- » Bulgaria Won 2-1 over Cyprus to Top Nations League group
- » Nearly 4,000 Participants are Expected in Sofia Marathon 2018
- » Official: Ludogorets Parted with Autouri and Announced the New Coach
- » Bulgarian Athletes would be Fined up to BGN 2,000 in case of Doping