Bulgaria's Dimitrov Delighted with Emotional Win over Djokovic
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov could not hide his delight after upsetting world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in an epic Madrid Open clash.
"It's a great win for me. Good day at the office. I know it's a big thing, of course,” Dimitrov said after the three-set thriller.
However, the 21 year old rising star also asserted that "it was just a match" as he looked ahead to his week in Madrid and future match-ups against the top players.
The Bulgarian up-and-comer saved set point at 5-4 down in the first and another in the tie-break before winning the first set in the longest best-of-three-set match thus far in 2013.
Djokovic won a second-set tie-break but Dimitrov showed incredible courage to secure the biggest win of his career, beating Djokovic 7-6 (8-6) 6-7 (8-10) 6-3.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm