Creativity Celebrated by Bulgarian Artists on White Cane Day
Society | October 14, 2002, Monday // 00:00
Essay, poem, song competitions and gall ball tournament are the main events that will mark the upcoming White Cane Safety Day, October 15 in Bulgaria. They aim to provide a stimulus for developing the talents of young people with impaired vision and were initiated by the Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired Students, Bulgaria. The winners in the three different sections, selected by a jury with well-known Bulgarian artists on it, were announced at a press conference on October 14. Rivalry was pretty tough in the poetry section, where no less than 44 poems vied for the top award. A Roma girl who described the hardships of being blind and from a minority seized the prize for the most emotional poem. The awarding ceremony will take place on October 15 during charity concert at the National Palace of Culture, Sofia. Some of the most popular Bulgarian singers and groups will perform in aid of the blind and visually impaired Bulgarians, along with some of the awarded talents. The concert will be aired several days later on the Bulgarian National Television. Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired Students, Bulgaria was set up two years ago and includes also representatives of the public sector, willing to lend a friendly hand to those in need. Its final aim is to establish retraining centers for people with impaired vision.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Photos of Jackson Pollock's Painting that was Found in Bulgaria
- » Pollock's Painting, found in Bulgaria, was part of Ceausescu's Personal Collection
- » The Jackson Pollock Painting discovered in Bulgaria is an Original
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 166 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Dangerous Rain Showers in 8 Regions
- » The Growth of Food Prices in Bulgaria is Unreasonably High