Bulgaria Hopes to Set Guinness Record with Easter Egg Dyeing Event
Some 1000 residents and guests of Sofia took part Saturday in an attempt to break a world record for the highest number of people dyeing Easter eggs at one time.
According to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), the organizers of the event had provided 2700 eggs and 200 liters of egg dye and 2200 T-shirts for the participants.
The egg dyeing started at 12 sharp and lasted 3 minutes.
The colored eggs were subsequently inspected at three control points and the participants were given certificates.
The organizers of the event noted that the number of participants in Saturday's event had been enough to set a new Guinness World Record.
According to reports of private TV station bTV, the event seeks to raise funds for a medical center for children with onco-haematological diseases.
- » Six District Centers in Bulgaria Increased their Population Last Year, Rousse Loses most Inhabitants
- » Deputy PM and Foreign Minister: Bulgaria and the Bulgarian People have Defied Hatred, Racism and Xenophobia
- » Rain with Sand from Sahara in Smolyan
- » Abandoned 6-month-old baby Found in the Area of the Plovdiv Railway Station
- » Scientists have Uncovered a Quake on Mars
- » Spells of Light Rain in Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 18°C and 23°C