Bulgaria Hopes to Set Guinness Record with Easter Egg Dyeing Event
Some 1000 residents and guests of Sofia took part Saturday in an attempt to break a world record for the highest number of people dyeing Easter eggs at one time.
According to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), the organizers of the event had provided 2700 eggs and 200 liters of egg dye and 2200 T-shirts for the participants.
The egg dyeing started at 12 sharp and lasted 3 minutes.
The colored eggs were subsequently inspected at three control points and the participants were given certificates.
The organizers of the event noted that the number of participants in Saturday's event had been enough to set a new Guinness World Record.
According to reports of private TV station bTV, the event seeks to raise funds for a medical center for children with onco-haematological diseases.
- » Yellow Code for Snow and Icy Roads in Bulgaria
- » Billboards in Bulgaria Featuring LGBT Couples were Vandalised
- » The Sky Will Remain Cloudy, with Light Rainfalls
- » Very Small Percentage of Bulgarians Aged over 65 are Vaccinated Against Flu, According to Eurostat
- » Tom Jones with a Concert in Plovdiv
- » 80% of Young Men and 60% of Young Women in Bulgaria Live with their Parents