Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit to Hold His 1st Easter Liturgy
On the evening of Holy Saturday, new Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit will hold his first ever Divine Easter Liturgy in the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in the capital Sofia.
At the end, as per the canon, the Patriarch and his procession will exit the cathedral to proclaim the coming of Easter and bless all Bulgarians.
The Holy Fire is expected to arrive in Sofia around 8:30 pm from the second largest city of Plovdiv and will be accepted by clergy from the capital outside the Holy Synod building.
The official clergy delegation is headed by Plovdiv metropolitan bishop Nikolay, who was elected to deliver the Holy Fire by the Holy Synod on March 5.
This time around, the flame will be brought on a private plane, instead of the government one. The funds have been donated by members of the Plovdiv Bishopric. The plane will land at the Plovdiv airport.
The Plovdiv Regional Governor, Zdravko Dimitrov, and the main sponsor of the trip, Ivan Mihaylov, are also included in the delegation.
Also for the first time ever, there will be two Holy Fires as Varna metropolitan Kiril is traveling to the Romanian border to receive from Romanian clergy the one they have gotten in Jerusalem.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia