Expert Predicts 20-Seat Margin in Favor of Bulgaria's GERB
Bulgaria’s center-right GERB party will win approximately 100 seats in Parliament at the upcoming elections in May, according to Mihail Konstantinov, a mathematician and former head of state-owned IT company Information Services.
Konstantinov has told the Focus news agency that GERB’s main rival, the Bulgarian Socialist Party, will have 75-80 seats.
The ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms will manage 30 seats, while the ultra-nationalist Ataka will have 20 to 22 MPs in the next Parliament, according to the expert.
The Bulgaria for Citizens party of former European Commissioner Meglena Kuneva is expected to have 12-14 lawmakers.
Konstantinov believes that no other parties will be able to male it to Parliament.
- » GERB Runner Elected Mayor of Bulgaria's Varna by Slim Margin
- » Bulgaria's Varna Elects Mayor in Neck-and-Neck Run-Off
- » Bulgaria's 'Fake Vote Ballots' Final Count Is 480 000
- » 'Fake Ballots' in Bulgaria's Elections Grow to 0.4 M
- » Bulgaria's GERB Alerts EU about Vote Void Claim
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Try Vote Void Case