Bulgarian Police Take Measures to Ease Heavy Easter Traffic
The Bulgarian police have said they have taken up a number of measures intended to facilitate heavy traffic in the country expected May 1-6.
In that period, Bulgarians are out on an extended holiday, starting Wednesday, May 1 - Labor Day - to continue through the festivities surrouding Sunday, May 5 - Easter.
This year, St. George's Day, May 6, coincides with the second day of Easter.
Police said that in particular they expect heavy traffic towards Greece, especially on the E-79 road, which is undergoing repairs at some locations.
Border authorities will boost personnel serving at crossing points to facilitate the passage of traffic.
Border police and traffic police forces will also be boosted at required locations.
Police will be doing intensive inspections for driving under the influence of alcohol, 10 pm - 2 am, especially on smaller roads.
- » Poland has Suffered from a Severe Hurricane.
- » TIR Truck Turned Upside Down on Trakia Highway
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Tickets for Webit.Festival are Now Fully Sold out
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana