Farage Claims His Party 'Not Racist'
Controversial British politician and leader of the UK Independence Party Nigel Farage has hit back at claims that his party is racist.
“There is nothing in Ukip that is in any way racist at all,” Farage has claimed, pointing out that UKip is the only party in Britain that does not allow all the members of the BNP to join it.
Farage responded to claims made by Ken Clarke over the weekend that his party was racist, where he also labelled Ukip candidates as clowns” and “indignant, angry people” and warned that they should not be allowed to control county councils in England.
Farage insisted Ukip was reflecting public concern about possible immigration from Bulgaria and Romania, whose citizens are free to work in Britain without restrictions this year.
“They know that the British public are genuinely concerned about opening up the door to Bulgaria and Romania next year, he stated, as cited by Metro.
“They are concerned because we have a million youngsters unemployed, we have wages being driven down and I am afraid a crime wave in London being caused by Romanians already.”
A Channel 4 News video of Nigel Farage’s recent trip to Bulgaria can be seen HERE.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria