Suspect Bulgarian Kingpin Faces Extradition to Romania
The Sofia City Court is going to rule Friday on the extradition of suspected drug lord Evelin Banev aka Brendo to Romania.
Bulgaria's northern neighbor is also probing Banev and has charged him already with illegal drugs trafficking through the port of Constanta to Western Europe.
Bulgaria is to pay all expenses if Brendo is to be extradited to Romania. He is not going to be present in the courtroom because he has requested to stay in Italian jail where he is kept.
Banev has firmly refused to travel to Bulgaria despite the opportunity to see his 10-year-old daughter Lara who was recently released by her abductors.
Brendo is currently held under arrest in Milan, Italy, where is being tried for the traffic of drugs, in particular cocaine; he returns to Bulgaria under custody to face similar trials in a Bulgarian court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski