Lukoil’s Bulgaria Refinery Has License Restored by Court
The Bulgarian refiner owned by Russia's Lukoil has had restored its fuel storage and transportation license, the administrative court decided on Tuesday.
The ruling came only hours after the Bulgarian Customs Agency withdrew a fuel storage and transportation license held by Lukoil Bulgaria, due to grave violations in accounting for volumes passing through its network.
The withdrawn license refers to the oil pipe facility from Lukoil's Neftochim site in Burgas to its Ilientsi base in Bulgarian capital Sofia.
According to a Customs Agency release, Lukoil had until March 31 to implement all measuring devices on their facilities as required per regulation.
A number of inspections by the agency, on 9, 12, 18, and 19 April found that such devices are missing at some locations, with diversion pipes placed at others to circumvent installed measuring devices.
Lukoil Bulgaria have been notifided of the decision for withdrawal of their license for the pipeline and have the right to appeal.
The company, Bulgaria's by far largest producer and seller of fuels, has until June 1 to meet similar regulatory requirements for the Rosenets oil terminal in Burgas.
The terminal was the cause of a prior license saga between the Customs Agency and Lukoil Bulgaria back in 2011.
Among other things, the way the controversy was hushed back then reignited speculations about the alleged close relations between Lukoil Bulgaria CEO Valentin Zlatev and then Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » In 2023: Bulgaria exports nearly 70% less electricity
- » President Radev in Delphi: Bulgaria is the Center of Energy Policy in the Balkans and Southeast Europe
- » Bulgaria concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation with Gas Transmission Operators from 4 Countries
- » Azerbaijan plans to Double Gas Supplies to Europe by 2027