Bulgarian 'Cocaine King''s Abducted Daughter Returned Safe, Sound
The abducted 10-year-old daughter of Bulgarian businessman Evelin 'Brendo' Banev, who is tried for drug trafficking in Bulgaria and Italy, has been returned unharmed.
Lara has been dropped of late Sunday night by her abductors near a police station in the southwestern Sofia Buxton district.
According to reports, she was in a state of shock, but had not suffered any injuries.
She has reportedly told the police everything she remembers from her ordeal, which began in early March.
Police have this far not officially confirmed Lara's return, but have said she is safe and sound.
It is not yet clear whether the family have paid a ransom for the child's return.
Among the hypotheses for Lara's abduction was a desire to keep her father silent regarding the activities of others during his trials.
Evelin Banev, aka Brendo, is currently held under arrest in Milan, Italy, where is being tried for the traffic of drugs, in particular cocaine; he returns to Bulgaria under custody to face similar trials in a Bulgarian court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today