Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Nuclear Plant Back in Line after Minor Fault
Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy nuclear power plant, which suffered a technical problem last week, has been switched back on and is functioning properly.
Unit 5’s turbogenerator malfunctioned and was switched off the country's energy grid at last Sunday.
The turbogenerator was shut down due to a hydrogen leak in its cooling system.
The power plant’s employees reacted swiftly and prevented costly material damages.
The incident did not involve the reactor's nuclear facilities. No increased radiation rates were measured at the premises.
- » Bulgaria's NEK Opens Tender for Rehabilitation of HPP Vacha
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%