Bulgarian Woman Attempts Suicide after Losing Home to Creditor
A Bulgarian woman debtor attempted suicide just after she was evicted from her home, which she had mortgaged.
The 44-year-old lady from the town of Botevgrad swallowed pills and alcohol trying to end her life, but was promptly transported to the Pirogov Hospital in Sofia, where doctors saved her life.
Against the mortgage Viktoria Rusimova had borrowed an amount which she did not manage to pay back.
The flat then had to be sold by an executive magistrate.
Rusimova had threatened to set herself on fire should she lose the dwelling.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 133 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia