Bulgarian Medics Celebrate Professional Day
Bulgarian doctors, nurses and other medical staff celebrate Sunday their professional day and World Health Day.
World Health Day is celebrated on April 7 to mark the anniversary of the founding of the World Health Organization, WHO, in 1948. Each year a theme is selected for World Health Day that highlights a priority area of public health concern in the world.
The theme for 2013 is high blood pressure as in the early 21st century hypertension remains a global public health issue. Hypertension contributes to the burden of heart disease, stroke and kidney failure and premature death and disability.
The WHO says in a statement high blood pressure is both preventable and treatable and calls on governments, health workers, civil society, the private sector, families and individuals to join forces to reduce hypertension and its impact.
Bulgaria's caretaker Health Minister, Prof Nikolay Petrov has issued a special declaration, congratulating Bulgarian medics on their professional day, voicing respect, recognition and gratitude for their noble work.
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » More than half of the Doctors in Bulgaria are over 55 Years Old
- » Study: EU Test Undervalued Toxicity of Cigarettes
- » Outbreak of African Plague in Feral Pigs near the Border of Bulgaria
- » Used in Detergents and Toothpastes Substance Causes Cancer
- » World No Tobacco Day