Bulgaria under Codes Orange, Yellow over Downpours
Codes orange and yellow have been declared Sunday in Bulgaria due to heavy downpours, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, has announced.
Code orange is effective in 8 regions – Sofia, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora and Gabrovo, where anywhere between 30 and 50 liters of rain per square meter are expected.
Code yellow for 15 to 25 liters of rain per square meter has been declared for the rest of the country.
Only 2 Bulgarian regions are under code green – Vidin and Silistra.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City