EC President: CEZ Complaint against Bulgaria Yet to be Evaluated
European Commission President Jose Barroso has said that the complaint of Czech power utility CEZ against Bulgaria is still being evaluated.
Barroso's comments came in response to a question during a joint press conference with Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas in Prague.
The EC President, as cited by the Bulgarian National Television (BNT), noted that the EC was very attentive to the case, adding that the official complaint had just been received.
He said that the EC would conduct an assessment to make sure that the rules of the internal market were observed.
The power distributor claimed that the decision of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) contradicted both Bulgarian and EU laws.
- » European Commission Supports Reforms in Bulgaria
- » Banking Union: Why Baulk at Bulgaria?
- » As of Today Third Country Nationals with a Ban to Enter Schengen Area will be Blocked from Entering Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Consents to UPC’s Provisional Application Phase
- » Eurostat: Most Bulgarians Drive Second-hand Cars
- » Bulgaria Stops Access to People with a Ban to Enter Schengen from 1 August