Shooting at Fort Knox Leaves 1 Civilian Dead
A shooting which broke out Wednesday afternoon at the Fort Knox US Army base in Kentucky killed one civilian employee.
The shooting took place in a parking lot outside the outside the US Army Human Resources Command headquarters, according to reports of NBC News.
The victim, an employee of U.S. Army Human Resources Command, was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The name of the victim is being withheld until 24 hours after his family has been notified.
Fort Knox's gates were locked down to all inbound and outbound traffic as a standard security measure at around 5:50 pm, but the main gate was reopened an hour later.
The incident is being investigated by Army Criminal Investigation Command.
The Army base is home to more than 40 000 US military personnel, family members and civilian employees.
The Army base is separate from the nearby U.S. Bullion Depository which holds a massive portion of the nation's gold reserves.
- » UK and EU 'Agree Text' of Draft Withdrawal Agreement
- » Palermo Conference for Libya starts with Second-Level Attendances
- » Kosovo’s PM Admits He Was Invited to Become Part of Serbia’s Partition Plot
- » 'Incomparable' Pink Diamond Could Smash Record at Geneva Auction
- » Israel-Gaza Violence Threatens to Derail Peace Efforts
- » Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95