Pope Francis Prays for Peace in Syria, Korea on Easter
Newly enthroned Catholic pope Francis has voiced a deep prayer for the restoration of peace in Syria and the prevention of war in Korea on Catholic Easter.
In his first Urbi et Orbi Easter address, pope Francis said he hopes for a "political solution" to the civil war raging on in Syria for two years now.
He also said he called for a refraining from armed conflict in the Korean peninsula, where tensions have reached significant heights in the last few days.
Pope Francis also spoke against human trafficking, calling it "the most rampant form of slavery in the 21th century."
Sunday, Catholic and Protestant Christians celebrate one of Christianity's two greatest feasts, Easter - the ressurection of Jesus.
In 2013, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter, which is a moveable feast, on May 5.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine
- » Day 131 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky promised to take back Lysychansk