Charged Bulgaria Ax Agri Min: Socialists Pressured Prosecution to Frame Me
The Bulgarian Socialist Party has pressured the prosecution to act against him, claimed Tuesday former Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Miroslav Naydenov.
Tuesday it was revealed that the Sofia City Prosecution has levied several charges of attempt to bribe and abuse of power against Naydenov, who served on former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov's cabinet, 2009-2013.
"I was charged on a file that has been lying around for 3 years in wait for the right moment," commented the former minister, suggesting that the "right moment" has come with the fall of the Borisov cabinet.
He was resolute that as a matter of fact the trial will give him the opportunity to dispell all doubts regarding his doings.
Naydenov further attributed the start of his trial to the alleged "pressure exerted by the Bulgarian Socialist Party on the prosecution during the last two weeks."
"This shows that the socialists are ready to do everything they can to return to power," added the former minister.
The Bulgarian Socialist Party was the main rival and opposition party to ruling GERB, which ousted a socialist-led coalition from power after July 2009 general elections.
Bulgaria is to hold early elections on May 12, following the February resignation of Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend