Born in the USA
Bulgaria is in safe hands, not linked to the discredited political class. This is the message that President Rosen Plevneliev sought to send abroad as he presented the caretaker government. This is the reason why he picked a career diplomat well known on the EU scene to lead it.
But this is yet another message that the two of them will have pad out with actions. This time the non-believers come from diverse parties, while the prime minister's impressive curriculum vitae is at the bottom of the controversy.
Born in Washington, DC, USA, father – communist diplomat. Held ministerial posts in both Kostov and Borisov's cabinets, coupled with terms as ambassador, Marin Raykov is believed to represent abroad a new generation of open-minded politicians.
Still suspicions remain.
Firstly, Raykov's pervious experience smacks of conformism, suggesting that he is ready and able to adapt to any political environment.
Secondly, there are reasons to believe the caretaker cabinet has too close ties with the centrist-right GERB government of Boyko Borisov, which shockingly resigned in February.
Yet we have no choice but to give the new cabinet the benefit of the doubt. It may stay in office long after the elections on May 12.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Western Balkans 2023: From the Thessaloniki Declaration to the introduction of ETIAS
- » 2023 Ukraine Crisis: Has the "Great Game" between the West and China already begun?
- » Implications of the Russia-Ukraine War on the Middle East
- » 2023 Parliamentary Elections in Montenegro: Young Voters Will Decide the Elections
- » 2023 Local Elections in Albania: Choice between Drug Cartels and/or Parliamentary Republic?
- » 2023 Türkiye: Most Important Elections on the 100th anniversary of Establishment of the Republic