Security Guards Shoot Dead Roma Scrap Thief in Sofia
A teenager of Roma origin who was trying to steal scrap metal has een shot dead in the Bulgarian capital Sofia by a security guard.
The 16-year-old Kamen Asenov and a friend of his broke into the Poduyane refrigerator depot on Saturday in order to steal scrap.
However, they were detected and shot at by the security guards of the depot; Asenov passed away as a result of his gunshot wounds while his friend is wounded in the leg.
Hearing the news about the shot boy, Roma from a nearby Roma ghetto attempted to storm the depot in order to lynch the security guards, and were stopped only by the immediate arrival of several police patrols.
Rampant scrap theft is a major means of making a living for a large number of Roma across Bulgaria and the authorities have been absolutely unsuccessful in tackling either this sort of crime itself, or its social causes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol