Sofia Municipal Company CEO Sacked for Using Company Funds for Personal Purposes
The Sofia Municipal Council has dismissed Diyan Tsvetkov, Executive Director of municipal real estate company Sofiyski Imoti, over personal expenses paid on the company account.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova proposed the dismissal of Tsvetkov at the previous session of the Sofia Municipal Council after Georgi Kadiev, municipal councilor from the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), presented invoices for luxury perfumes, alcohol, household appliances, medicines, and equipment worth over BGN 5000 bought at the expense of Sofiyski Imoti, according to reports of the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
The goods were purchased by Tsvetkov in the period July 19, 2012 – January 23, 2013.
Fandakova announced last week that she wanted a new competition for a Director of Sofiyski Imoti and defined the expenses incurred Tsvetkov as "ridiculous."
The Sofia Mayor claimed that the decision for the dismissal of the head of Sofiyski Imoti would have a disciplining effect for all municipal structures regardless of the fact that the case in point involved a small sum.
The municipal councilors, however, rejected the proposal of Georgi Kadiev to dismiss Stoyan Tsvetanov, CEO of heating utility Topolofikatsiya Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend