Bulgarian Grabs Oscar for Life of Pi Visual Effects
Bulgarian visual effects artist Lyubomir Hristov has won an Oscar for being part of the team working on the "Life of Pi" motion picture.
The movie, which grabbed 3 Oscars, features the story of a young man who survives a disaster at sea, to be hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor - a fearsome Bengal tiger.
Ang Lee won his second Oscar for directing "Life of Pi," the adaption of Yann Martel's bestselling fantasy novel.
Hristov and the other talented members of the team disproved opinions the book would be difficult to adapt into a movie
The Taiwanese-born director, who won previously for Brokeback Mountain (2006), said: "Thank you movie god! I need to share this with all 3 000 who worked with me on Life of Pi."
In addition to visual effects and best director, Life of Pi also picked up an Oscar for cinematography.
Hristov has also worked on Ben Affleck's "Argo," which won the best picture award.
The Bulgarian artist is connected with the visual effects of movies such as "Avatar," "The Matrix," and "Pirates of the Caribbean."
Nearly 1 million people have watched Sunday the glamorous ceremony for the 85th edition of the Oscars awards, held at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate 174 years since the birth of Revolutionary Hristo Botev
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. Basil's Day or ‘Survaki’
- » How Bulgaria Celebrates New Year’s Eve
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Ignazhden - the First Guest at your Home Determines the Year
- » Hours until the Final of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Paris
- » You can Now Vote for Bulgaria at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021, the Final is on Sunday