Bulgarian Mayor Detained on Fraud Suspicions
Police in Bulgaria have arrested Stanimir Radevski, the mayor of the spa resort town of Pavel Banya, on charges of abuse of power resulting in economic crimes.
Radevski, who has been Pavel Banya's mayor since 2003 and in 2011 was elected as a non-party affiliated candidate, is accused of overstepping his powers in transferring ownership on municipal property.
Tenyo Paunov, the operator of the municipal beach and husband of vice-mayor Milena Paunova, has been also detained.
According to initial estimates, the town has been injured with some BGN 0.8 M by the transaction of which the mayor is accused, say the police.
Pavel Banya is located in central Bulgaria near Kazanlak in Stara Zagora region, and is famous for its mineral water springs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak