Who Is Who: Bulgaria's New Education Minister Stefan Vodenicharov
Acad. Stefan Vodenicharov was born on September 1, 1944 in Sofia. He graduated from the Technical University in Sofia.
From 1991 he was a professor, while from 2004 - corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences. That year he became real member of the academy.
He has managed 207 research projects, among them projects within NATO and the EU and served as director of the Institute of metal science, equipment and technologies.
Bulgaria's Academy of Sciences (BAS) elected Vodenicharov to be its new president on December 3.
Acad. Stefan Vodenicharov replaced Acad. Stefan Dodunekov, who passed away in August just two months after being elected head of BAS.
Vodenicharov was elected with the votes of 57 members of BAS Common Assembly, 32 voted against, while 8 abstained. He was the only nomination, unlike the previous time when three nominees were vying for the post.
- » Rescue Teams Help Two Injured Paragliders near Dupnitsa
- » French-German Consortium Wins Sofia Airport Concession Tender
- » Mayor of Sofia: Over the Last 10 Years we have Invested over BGN 25 Million in Kremikovtsi District
- » Rozhen 2019 National Folklore Fair Began
- » New Management of Bulgaria’s State Fund Agriculture Elected
- » American Foundation Gives $ 185,000 to Restore the Buzludzha Monument