UK Special Forces on Alert over Algeria Hostage Crisis
UK PM David Cameron has ordered a mobilization of UK army special units on readiness to intervene in the hostage crisis in Algeria.
UK citizens are among those who were taken hostages by Al Qaeda militant at a natural gas facility in Wednesday, with some UK citizens killed during the attack by the Algerian security forces.
The Algerian operation gathered international criticism for being performed without warning and leading to the deaths of some 42 hostages.
Over 600 hostages at the In Amenas facility are reported to have been freed, with key militant 'Signed-in-Blood' leaders claimed killed.
Militants have requested a cessation of the French intervention in Mali, as well as freeing of suspected terrorists from arrest in the US.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 581 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia blamed the US for the Nord Stream Explosion
- » Trump has been accused of Fraud on his way to the Top
- » At least 100 Killed, 150 injured as Fire broke out at a Wedding in Iraq
- » Roberta Metsola on Bulgaria’s Schengen membership: Expect a Positive Decision
- » UN Head warned of the Start of a New Nuclear Arms Race, calling it "Complete Madness”
- » The Dead after the Explosion in a Fuel Warehouse in Nagorno-Karabakh are 125 people