Militant Leaders Killed, Hostages Freed in Algeria
3 key militant leaders have been killed and dozens of international hostages are reported to have been freed in the In Amenas hostage crisis in Algeria.
Algerian authorities said that the three killed - an Algerian, Mauritanian and Nigerian - were key leaders for the so-called Signed-in-Blood organization believed to be part of the Al Qaeda network.
The crisis unfolded Wednesday, when militants abducted a bus of foreign workers at the natural gas facility of In Amenas.
Later, the terrorists took over the entire gas facility, taking all workers as hostages.
An intervention by the Algerian armed forces killed many of the militants, but also resulted in the death of at least 41 hostages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » After Joining Schengen: The Last Border Checks in Croatia have been Abolished
- » Elon Musk valued Twitter at just 20 Billion Dollars
- » Economists expect a Recession and High Inflation in the US