Bulgaria Appoints 2 New Deputy Chief Prosecutors
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council approved on Thursday the appointment of Deputy Chief Prosecutors Borislav Sarafov and Penka Bogdanova.
Sarafov was the Head of the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office, while Bogdanova was the spokesperson of the Plovdiv Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
The appointments of Sarafov and Bogdanova were proposed by Sotir Tsatsarov, who took oath of office as Bulgaria's new Chief Prosecutor last Thursday.
Two other Deputy Chief Prosecutors picked by Tsatsarov – Kamen Mihov and Asya Petrova – are yet to be officially appointed.
Deputy Chief Prosecutor Galina Toneva will remain in office.
The Supreme Judicial Council also decided to demote controversial prosecutor Galya Gugusheva. The former deputy head of the Special Appellate Prosecutor's Office will be a regular prosecutor from now on.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend