Romania Wants Arrest of 2 Bulgarian Drug Trafficking Suspects
Romanian prosecutors have demanded the arrest of two Bulgarians suspected of running one of Europe's largest cocaine trafficking rings from Colombia to Europe.
Evelin Banev AKA Brendo and Radoslav Atanasov are believed to have been involved in smuggling a shipment of 50 kilograms of cocaine worth EUR 6 M captured in Romania in April, according to international media.
The alleged ring ring that trafficked hundreds of kilograms of cocaine on yachts, cargo ships and speedboats from South America to western Europe included Colombians, Romanians, Bulgarians and Italians.
Both Banev and Atanasov are currently detained in Italy on other drugs' trafficking charges.
Banev was arrested on May 16 2012 in the Black Sea town of Sozopol in an international special police operation codenamed Cocaine Kings, along with 15 other Bulgarians, 12 Italians, one Slovenian, one Romanian, and one Georgian.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene