Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen
It is farcical to see Ireland supporting Sofia's application to join Schengen when it denies the right of free travel to its own citizens.
It is mad to be forced, unless one wants to be deported, to seek permission at a Schengen border post to enter (the continent of) the European Union.
Ireland then submits everyone to long queues to enter its own territory as it selfishly defends three quarters of an island against 'Schengenites' other EU citizens and foreigners.
How can a 'NO SCHENGEN' country like mine, 40 years in the Union, albeit currently holding the Union Presidency claim to be in a position to support Bulgaria's legitimate request to seek full freedom of movement within the EU and to share in the protection and security of the borders surrounding twenty three (including hopeful Bulgaria) Union and three foreign countries.
Noel O C?inte
Citizen of Ireland
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo