Bomb Threat Disrupts Bulgarian Right Wing Summit
A bomb alert has disrupted Saturday the conference of Bulgaria's right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, DSB.
The Festival and Congress Center in the Black Sea city of Varna has received a bomb threat during the DSB forum which was to give the start of their election campaign.
The threat prompted the closure of the facility and the evacuation of delegates and employees.
The call has been placed on the emergency 112 hotline with a male voice alerting about homemade explosives inside the building.
This is the third bomb threat against the Festival Complex in Varna in one week.
Police and a police bomb squad searched the premises both on Wednesday and Friday, when the calls were received, but did not find any explosives. The perpetrator remains unknown.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities was registered in the last few months. On Monday, two schools in the capital were closed and students evacuated after receiving bomb threats at the very first school day for 2013.
No traces of explosives have been found in any of these cases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia