Bulgaria's Pironkova Makes It to Quarterfinals in Hobart, Australia
Bulgaria's best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova brought great joy to her fans after scoring a three-set upset win to gain a quarterfinal berth at the Moorilla Hobart International tennis tournament in Australia.
Pironkova clinched a 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 victory over third-seeded Klara Zakopalova.
Pironkova saved just one of the seven break points she faced but only one of those came in the third set when she had three breaks of her own.
Monica Niculescu also rallied for a win, defeating Peng Shuai 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. Like Pironkova, Niculescu was 7-of-12 in break chances but she needed three third-set breaks to advance.
Pironkova will play ninth-seeded Mona Barthel in the quarterfinals and she has admitted that will be a very difficult clash for her.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing