Bulgarian to Invest EUR 5 M in Thermal Power Plant on Vucha River
A new mini thermal power plant (TPP) worth over EUR 5 M will be built near the village of Kadievo, Plovdiv municipality, according to Atanas Nedevski, Rodopi Municipality Chief Architect.
The sod-turning ceremony of the TPP project is to take place in January 2013, according to reports of Darik radio.
The TPP project is the largest investment in the southern Bulgarian municipality for the past 12 months.
The investor is ET Nat 2004 and the owner of the facility is Vasil Tanev.
The TPP near Kadievo is to produce 10 million KWh of energy per year.
The project envisages a concrete wall to be built in the riverbed of the Vucha River, where the turbine will be placed.
"This will prevent drought and disturbances of the ecological balance. What is more, groundwater will rise, the wells in the village will be full and the people will have irrigation water," Tasev noted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday
- » At least 80%: The EU Obliges its Members to Stock up on Gas
- » Ambassador of Azerbaijan: We are Committed to Bulgaria's Energy Security
- » PM on Natural Gas: Bulgaria's Firm Step has Helped the Entire EU