Putin Grants Depardieu Russian Citizenship
Russian President Vladimir Putin has inked a decree to grant famous French actor Gerard Depardieu Russian citizenship.
"In accordance with clause "a" of article 89 of the Russian Constitution, the application for Russian citizenship by Gerard Xavier Depardieu born in France in 1948 has been granted," the Kremlin press office said in a statement Thursday, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Depardieu recently announced that he was fleeing to Belgium to dodge France's new massive tax hike on the rich of 75 per cent on all earnings over one million euros.
The new 75% tax rate on incomes above EUR 1 M was overturned by France's Constitutional Council on Saturday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 38% of Students will Study Online this Week
- » Tedros Adhanom Gebreyes is the only Candidate for WHO Chief
- » Older Certificates with two Doses will be Valid only in Bulgaria
- » Western and Southeastern Bulgaria are in Stage 3 of the Covid Plan - Will there be New Restrictions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Today is the Coldest Day of the Month
- » 10,000 Bulgarians are Poisoning Themselves with Bleach “Preventively” against COVID