Bulgaria Loses EUR 51 M in EU Agriculture Funds
Bulgaria has left EUR 51 M of EU funds for agriculture unabsorbed in 2012, and this amount will be substracted from its funds for the next programing period.
This was announced Wednesday at a press event by Bulgarian State Agriculture Fund director Rumen Pozhoranov.
Bulgaria has absorbed EUR 381 M from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)'s EUR 431 M allotted for 2010.
The payment of funds on EAFRD is two years after the approval of the budget.
This means that on this instrument, Bulgaria has a 88% rate of absorption for 2012.
According to Pozhoranov, one of the main reasons for less than optimal absorption is that the program for Bulgaria started two years later.
The main area with deficient absroption is the so-called axis 2, comprising "environmental measures" to be implemented by agriculture producers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension