George Bush Senior Placed in Intensive Care Unit
Former US President George H.W. Bush was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at a Houston hospital on Wednesday, international media inform.
The admission followed "a series of setbacks, including a persistent fever," according to the family's spokesman.
The spokesman, Jim McGrath, stated that doctors were "cautiously optimistic" about his treatment. However, he has pointed out that the former US President "remains in guarded condition."
"They don't put you in the ICU because things are going well. So we're obviously hoping that the medicines and the treatments can help him turn things around," Mr McGrath said, as cited by The Telegraph.
Bush has been hospitalized since November 23, when he was admitted for a lingering cough related to bronchitis after having been in and out of the hospital for complications related to the illness.
- » PM Borisov Proposes Closing all Borders in the EU
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis