Legendary Bulgarian Actor Kaloyanchev Passes Away
Georgi Kaloyanchev, one of Bulgaria's most prominent and beloved actors, passed away at the age of 87 on Tuesday.
Born in the city of Burgas on January 13, 1925, Kaloyanchev studied in the former theatrical school in Sofia. His first roles were in Sofia's National Theater.
The famous actor took part in some of the most emblematic and memorable Bulgarian movies, such as "Jack-of-All-Trades" (1962), "Tobacco" (1962), "The She-Wolf" (1965), "The Longest Night" (1967), "The Tied Up Balloon" (1969), "Bonne Chance, Inspector!" (1983) and "Bai Ganyo on His Way to Europe" (1991), among many others.
Kaloyanchev was a very versatile actor and will be remembered for both his comedy and dramatic roles.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis